- Schemes & Version: BREEAM International New Construction 2016: Residential
- Certification Stage: Design
- Rating: Excellent
- Overall Score: 73.02%
- Developer / Client: Zhengzhou Zhanhui Real Estate Co.,Ltd.
- Architect: Zhengzhou Architectural Design Institute
- Constructor: China Construction Fifth Engineering Division Co.,Ltd.
- Assessor Company: Shenzhen Nottingham Sustainable Development Institute Ltd
About the Building
This project is located in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. The project comprises of 15 residential buildings, totaling 544 households for assessment.
The aim of the project is to develop a green, healthy, safe and comfortable living environment for residents by using strategies recommended by BREEAM.
Benefits of achieving BREEAM certification
Jinmao Ruyi Palace selected the BREEAM system for certification, as it aligns with the clients aims to achieve sustainable, green buildings. Obtaining BREEAM certification demonstrates the excellent quality of the Jinmao Palace development.
Jinmao Ruyi Palace has a more comfortable, more harmonious and happier living environment, and has better energy-saving, water-saving and less-polluting strategies thanks to BREEAM.
- The ground-source heat pump system is adopted to make full use of the earths natural energy. It maintains interior thermal comfort, while avoiding environmental pollution caused by traditional cooling and heating systems.
2. The ‘capillary net’ temperature control system is adopted to simulate the natural capillary net to adjust the indoor temperature through water circulation, so that the the indoor temperature is stable and uniform.
3. The development adopts a four-rewind anti-haze and PM2.5 electrostatic precipitation system. Outdoor air is filtered through four levels to effectively filter PM2.5 and pollutants. The filtration efficiency is more than 85%, and the indoor air environment is fresher and cleaner.
4. All water components used are national first-grade. Compared with ordinary components, the water efficiency can increase by up to 30%.
5. The landscape in this development adopts Chinese garden design and comprises of a large area and plenty of functional space.
6. For the beautiful garden landscape, an ecologist was commissioned to formulate a five-year ‘Biodiversity Management Plan’ to protect the landscape ecology.