ABOUT THE BUILDING
Business Centre Vertas is a 9,818 m2 15 storey class A office building located in the Vilniaus Vartai complex in Vilnius, Lithuania. BC Vertas was built in April 2007 and is managed by BPT Group. It is occupied by tenants including Citco, European Social Fund Agency, Delfi, ADLEX, Syngenta, Takeda, Metida, SAP, BPT, TK Development, LHV, Mikotelgroup, Eli Lilly Lietuva, Franchise Media.
Vertas features spectacular views and the most modern engineering systems, including an air humidity maintenance system, individual premises cooling and heating, electronic card access, CCTV at all entrance points, 24-hour security personnel and reception areas. Large glazed areas offer attractive views of Vilnius in all directions.
- Building Owner: BPT Optima Retail
- Occupiers: Citco, European Social Fund Agency, Delfi, ADLEX, Syngenta, Takeda, Metida, SAP, BPT, TK Development, LHV, Mikotelgroup, Eli Lilly Lietuva, Franchise Media
- BREEAM In-Use Auditor: Evaldas Savickis, JSC Vesta Consulting
|BREEAM In-Use Scheme||Part 1 (Asset Performance)||Part 2 (Building Management)|
|Rating||Very Good||Very Good|
|Star Rating||4 stars||4 stars|
WHY BREEAM IN-USE?
The client and auditor believe that using BREEAM In-Use helps them become a part of a more responsible society including efficient energy use, cost savings, engineering systems improvement and positive awareness raising. Optimising environmental performance gives additional value to the building and a higher comfort level for occupiers. BREEAM In-Use encouraged the team to take actions that lower negative impact on the environment and develop the building community’s attitude to global problems.
THE BREEAM IN-USE ASSESSMENT
The building scores well in the following categories:
- All waste is assembled in separate 5 streams – glass, plastic, paper, organic waste and small electronic devices.
- The building is designed to be able to change the layout and functionality. All partition walls are temporary and cabinet spaces can be transformed into the open area in order to meet the future needs. There is regular maintenance covering energy performance, water consumption, waste management and health & safety issues.
Health and well-being
- All working stations have comfortable daylight and views to the outside world. Sunblinds are controlled by occupants for glare control. Inside lounges and green areas around the building are provided for occupants.
- Water consumption is separately monitored on a monthly basis for all tenants. Data is saved and compared with targets, which are set and placed in the Company’s Environmental Management Policy. Water efficient appliances and fixtures are in place to save water and money.
- Use of high quality low energy
- LED lightning
- Management is based on effective use of resources and high level comfort for occupants. All types of resources are monitored to avoid energy waste and presented to occupants on a regular basis. Close communication with all building users and suppliers helps to integrate sustainable processes with building management.
- The building is located in the centre of Vilnius with a good public transport infrastructure. Targets for CO2reductions from transport are set and measures are in place including a bike pool “Cyclocity” and car sharing for building occupants.
Improvements will be made at the next refurbishment opportunity to incorporate more energy saving materials that provide higher levels of user comfort. This will increase the economic and social value of the building and attract tenants. Future investments will be directed towards improving staff productivity, health care and user satisfaction. The management ethos of the building is based on lower consumption principles, with the aim of being recognised as a sustainable building and a comfortable workplace. The managers are planning to improve the lower scoring areas of BREEAM In-Use such as “Land Use and Ecology” and “Pollution” over the next few years.