A high rise office building on a major intersection in the centre of Bratislava
- Scheme & Version: 2009 Europe Commercial: Offices
- Stage: Final
- Location: Location
- Size: 3,542m2 of gross building area, plot size 10,533m2, typical floor leasable area 1,210 m2
- Score & Rating: 73.04% Excellent
- Certificate Number: BREEAM-0052-8331
- Developer: HB Reavis / Forum BC I s.r.o.
- Lead Design Consultant: CEPM, s.r.o.
- Main Contractor: HB Reavis Management s.r.o.
- Dynamic Simulations: Simulacie Budov, s.r.o.
- BREEAM Assessor: green-gain, s.r.o. (Andrew Caistor)
- Building Services: Proreal-Ka s.r.o.
- Ecologist: Ing. Katarina Serbinova, PhD.
About the Building
It is 17 storeys tall, with 18,778m2 of Gross Lettable Area (GLA) and 390 parking spaces on 3 underground levels. It contains a main lobby with a reception desk, a restaurant and small retail units on the main floor. An adjacent second tower for HB Reavis is currently at a planning permit stage. Completed in October 2013, the developer/owner is Forum BC I s.r.o. (part of HB Reavis group) and the main tenants are Slovak Telekom a.s.
HB REAVIS say: “ The benefit for us is twofold: One, BREEAM helped us to go beyond the basic requirements of the national building code and legislature, with a much broader holistic sweep of issues we had to assess and improve in order to make our buildings better and more user and environmentally friendly. Two, BREEAM for us represents an internationally recognised benchmark, helping our buildings gain some prestige and recognition on the market. As a non-UK developer, we looked at DGNB, LEED and BREEAM and decided to go with BREEAM, mainly because it was more flexible and compatible with our local standards“
- The site is well served by public transport and local amenities
- Landscaping has resulted in a significant enhancement of the ecological value of the site
- Energy efficiency
- Comprehensive metering strategy and remote monitoring
- Low NOx gas condensing boilers
- Low water use fittings installed
- Durable materials
Advanced conventional water-based heating and cooling system using mainly natural gas, with a heat recovery system and a comprehensive metering system. Renewable energy – rooftop solar panels utilised to heat water.
- Early discussions with the BREEAM Assessor and regular workshops to review progress and respond to design changes – e.g. resulted in adjustments of air intake and exhaust locations
- Use of dynamic simulations to inform design decisions – improvements of natural illumination and comfort in the interior
- Site management environmental policies and procedures developed & nominated individuals identified. Maximised on-site retention of the rainwater through combination of landscaping and irrigation retention tanks
As one of the leading developers in CEE, HB Reavis recognise the need to operate the business in a manner that reflects good environmental management. Environmental certification demonstrates a commitment towards this and they believe BREEAM is the most recognised certification system in the market.