Bringing sustainable future to historical buildings of the former industrial site
- Location: Russia
- Part 1 Certificate Number: BIU00003677-1.0
- Part 1 Score & Rating: 56.8% Very Good
- Part 2 Certificate Number: BIU00004502-1.0
- Part 2 Score & Rating: 69.1% Very Good
The above information is for the original certification of this project, please reference GreenBookLive for current details.
BREEAM is valuable recognition of the sustainable performance of the building and it’s interaction with the local environment and communities
Natalia Kornilova, Chief Operations Officer, O1 Standard
O1 Properties is implementing the principles of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development to day-to-day process of buildings management. The company committed to principles of UN Global Compact and chose two sustainable development goals (#11 – sustainable cities and #12 – sustainable consumption and production) as guiding principles for improving the operations.
The company defines several valuable outcomes of the project of improving indicators of ecological performance:
- Environmental – Reduced energy and water consumption, increase of part of recyclable waste in total amount of waste produced, increase of greened recreational zones.
- Social – contributing to healthy and productive life-style of the tenants and local communities through qualitative engineering systems, eco-friendly management practices, organization of the recreational zones and set of amenities.
- Economic – achieve a sustainable competitive advantage in long-term perspective by responding to raising concerns about environmental issues from a new generation entering the labor market.
Why Choose BREEAM?
BREEAM provides clear guidelines how to improve the ecosystem of the building to make it safe, eco-friendly and people centric. BREEAM certification helps companies to achieve the sustainable selling proposition by validation the safety wellbeing conditions of the building.
- Unique selling proposition for the redevelopment project of the former industrial-use buildings dated end of XIX century.
- High involvement of the team in ecologic agenda.
- Increased percentage of recyclable waste collection.
- Projected the communication of the benefits of the green building to the tenants with expected higher loyalty to the building and landlord. Also expected increase of awareness of the tenants about the sustainable development agenda.
The building provides healthy environment for building users in common areas:
- High % of glazing provided utilization of natural light and visual comfort
- Glare control features on facades provide all round comfort, even for neighbours.
- Localized control over the temperature and ventilation in tenant’s premises
- Indoor spaces for recreation, canteen facility, coffee point with seating
- Regular disinfection and maintenance of engineering systems increases air quality
- Sustainable cleaning and maintenance (use of bio-based cleaning products, emission free paints, coatings, adhesives); demand controlled ventilation in the public areas of the common areas.
Modern energy efficiency equipment for cooling and ventilation systems were installed:
- Air recuperation
- Ventilation equipment
- LED internal lamps
The building is within walking distance of a bus station which operates a frequent service. There is also an ATM, café in the building and an outdoor rest area.
- Large landscaped outdoor area
- Insects houses
- Gardens with birdhouses, insects’ hotels, use of local vegetation; reduced light pollution via smart timers downward pointing lighting
- 24 hour security
- Emergency response procedures are in place
- Emergency plan has been developed
Water efficient equipment installed in common areas
Automated refrigerant detection system in place
4 different waste streams collected on site and recycled off-site