- Scheme & Version: In-Use International 2015 Parts: 1 & 2
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Size: 80,000m2
- Certificate Number: BIUP10000476 &
- Asset Performance: 50.9% Good
- Building Management: 57.5% Very Good
The above information is for the original certification of this project, please reference GreenBookLive for current details
- Building Owner: Heitman European Property Partners IV
- Building Occupiers: Procter & Gamble, Mazda, Yum! Restaurants, Tele 2, Nokia, Fiba Retail Group, Bank of Moscow, Mail Boxes, Credit Bank of Moscow, Apteka a.v.e., Speak Up English School, Respublica Book Shop, Star Hit Café, Pasta Deli Restaurant, Terra Ego Beauty Salon, Coral Travel Agency.
- BREEAM In-Use Auditor: Ksenia Agapova, JLL
- Property Manager: AIG/Lincoln Russia
About the Project
Heitman Property Partners IV purchased office building 2 of the Metropolis complex from Capital Partners. Metropolis is a class A office complex, constructed in 2008, consisting of three phases with a total rentable area of approximately 80,000m2. It is located at Leningradskoe Shosse in Moscow and is the Russian headquarters of international companies such as Procter & Gamble, Mazda and Nokia.
Why did this building undergo BREEAM Certification?
The owners, managers and occupiers chose BREEAM In-Use to help:
- reduce running costs
- improve the environmental performance and demonstrate progress towards corporate and organisational environmental objectives
- increase the attractiveness of the building for tenants
- increase building’s value
“BREEAM In-Use provides a balanced approach to the sustainability assessment of the building, which allows us to understand its strengths and weaknesses and develop the best plan for its improvement. BREEAM In-Use certification provides a strong competitive advantage, as well as a good signal to the market about the quality of building’s management system.” Ilya Sabitsky, Property Manager, AIQ/Lincoln Russia
Green Strategy and Environmental Features
The building scored highly thanks to good transport access (200 m from the building’s entrance), onsite facilities (stores and restaurants) and additional facilities for alternative transport, including cycle racks. Landscaping comprised native species and with an energy efficient design (lighting, heat distribution), the building provides a good quality of internal environment for building users (fresh water supply, natural light, vapour humidification). The management team put particular effort introducing recycling in the building, and have a proactive approach to maintenance of the building components and engineering systems, including sub-metering. The building also benefits from state of the art emergency and fire protection plans.
The management team hopes to improve the Part 1 Asset score and gain a Very Good rating in the future. This will be achieved through the introduction of continuous improvement measures in areas such as water consumption, energy efficiency, waste collection and recycling. The team expects a continuous reduction of running costs and increase of the building’s market value and premium rental rates. Most of AIG/Lincoln assets are or will be BREEAM certified.